Amy is celebrating her second workaversary here at ASI and we couldn’t be more thrilled! Her vast library of insurance knowledge ensures that she’s one of the most sought-after coworkers when we are tackling tricky issues, but it’s her helpful and friendly personality that really draws everyone in.
1. Where’d you grow up? School?
I grew up in Rock Island, Illinois and went to college at Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, Illinois. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education.
2. Hobbies/Pet/Fun fact that not many people know?
I enjoy gardening in the spring and summer, planting lots of flowers and vegetables. I have a toy poodle puppy named Rosie that keeps me busy. I played the violin for 12 years and was in the youth symphony when I was younger.
3. What do you do/what does your day consist of?
I am a Quality Assurance Lead where I work with 3 or 4 clients testing program changes, rates or anything else that needs to be tested in their systems. I will create and execute test plans, testing to verify that the programming changes are working as intended.
4. What are 3 words you’d use to describe ASI?
Energetic, positive, and knowledgeable.
5. What music is on your phone?
Usually country but currently Christmas music.
6. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
I would like to meet Charles Schulz the creator of the Peanuts. I have loved snoopy and the Peanuts gang for a long time.
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
Anywhere when I’m spending time with family and friends.
8. What’s the last movie you saw that you really enjoyed?
9. What’s the one TV show you can rewatch endlessly?
10. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
Anything my mom fixes when I’m home to visit.
11. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
I would be red, that’s one of my favorite colors.
12. What is your favorite part about working at ASI?
The teamwork. Working with individuals who want to give the client the best experience possible and produce a product we are proud to give them. There is never a day that I don’t notice someone willing to help someone else if they have questions.
13. Are you messy or organized?
I’m organized for the most part. Don’t look in my closets though, they are a mess.
14. How do you define success?
If at the end of the day I can say that I have given 100% to what I am working on that is success in my mind. I know I will be coming back the next day to give another 100%.
15. Three words to best describe you:
Quiet, dedicated, and helpful.
16. What aspect of your role do you enjoy the most?
I enjoy testing and the challenge that it brings with the different clients and systems that I have to work with.
17. What did you want to be growing up?
I wanted to be a farmer. I grew up in the city but thought that being a farmer would be fun.
17. What phobias do you have?
I hate needles.
18. What was your favorite book, toy, or outfit as a child?
I loved to wear a red plaid skirt when I was little. My mom was always washing it so I could wear it all the time.
19. Where would you like to travel to?
I would like to go to Australia.