Happy workaversary to Nick, who celebrates his one-year with us this week! Nick started in 2019 after graduating from University of Wisconsin-La Crosse with a degree in Computer Science and minor in Nutrition. He now works on one of our larger customer accounts, tackling the day-to-day management of their legacy system.
The one thing we’ve come to expect from Nick is the unexpected. Read on to see why…
- What did you want to be when you were a kid? I always wanted to be a veterinarian. Then I discovered you actually don’t just get to play with animals all day.
- Favorite memory from work? Definitely wearing the dinosaur mask all around one of our client’s offices during Halloween and getting to see and hear all of their reactions.
- What do you do/what does your day consist of? I’ve always had a schedule in my life and I definitely operate best on one. My day starts off being woken up by my cats (usually Jaire) meowing for food. After that it’s off to brighten up the office with a smile and a ‘how do ya do.’ From there, it’s to the gym with a possible disc golf adventure after. Once I get home, the kiddos are meowing for some good lovin’ and food. That’s basically the jist of it. Lather, rinse, repeat.
- Favorite Quote (movie or life, mantra)? “This wedding is horses***” from Step Brothers or “You’re killing me smalls!” from Sandlot. Also, Carpe Diem – seize the day (on my keychain).
- Favorite podcast? Sword and Scale and PMT
- Biggest pet peeve? Too many to count, but bad drivers can really get me going.
- What’s the most interesting thing that has happened to you? I had appendicitis?
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Steve! I never stop learning from that guy, even if it’s a life anecdote or a ‘simple’ software lesson.
- What music is on your iPhone/Android phone? Pretty much everything but country.
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? FOLDING laundry. Ugh.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? I’m sure everyone knows this but as cliché as it is… gaming… and a recent stock market addiction.
- What’s your secret talent that no one knows about? I can burp the alphabet.
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? I got into snowboarding in high school and eventually made it out to Colorado with some friends and boy was that one of the best experiences I’ve ever had! I’ve made it out there almost every year since and plan to keep that tradition going.
- At what age did you become an adult? Never have, never will.
- What three traits define you? Probably my loudness, hopefully my sarcasm and I’ve always been a very competitive person.
- What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this? Dentistry or Physical Therapy.
- Do you recall any embarrassing moment at work? Oh, do you mean when I got fake fired? Or when I got locked out of the office (on various occasions)? Or maybe when I saw one of my coworker’s shoes in the bathroom stall and I yelled “Oh, Brandeepoo. Brandeepoo, I know its youuuuuuu.” And the voice I heard from the stall wasn’t Brandon’s, but one of my managers. Nope, can’t say I recall any embarrassing moments.
- If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see cast as you? Seth Rogen or Jonah Hill.
- What is an ability you wish you had? I want my high school photographic memory back.
- What is the best book you have ever read? Probably the Pendragon series. Wish the books had come out faster and I could have finished the series while it was fresh in my head.
- What is the first concert you attended? TimeFlies, Chainsmokers and SoMo at Summerfest.
Nick — Thank you for all that you do and making it an interesting first year! We can’t wait to see what happens next!