As the unofficial caretaker of our office, Lori is our behind-the-scenes maven who keeps ASI running. And it’s her anniversary today! Everyone who steps into our office is immediately welcomed by her can-do attitude and sunny disposition. She also puts her impressive experience to work mentoring her fellow team members.
We learned quite a lot about her this week. Read on to discover more!
- Biggest pet peeve? People eating right from the snack table, not fixing themselves a plate or using serving utensils.
- What’s the last movie you saw that you really enjoyed? The Lost Valentine
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Chardonnay
- What is the one TV Show you can rewatch endlessly? Criminal Minds
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Flew to Germany by myself to stay with people I had only ‘met’ via mail & email while working on genealogy. It turned out fabulously and I went back 3 years later!
- What are some of your pet peeves? People: a) talking with food in their mouth b) driving under the speed limit or in the passing lane c) not sneezing/coughing into their elbow.
- Which four individuals, living or dead, would you like to eat dinner with the most? Lester Holt (NBC), Michelle Obama, Geoffrey Zakarian (Chef), Joe Bartolotta (Restaurateur).
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? American Sign Language (ASL), Read Music, and Play Piano.
- What three traits define you? Honest, Passionate, Reliable
- What has been your favorite project at ASI? Client support involving the FIS Universal Rater. Being new on a particular account, it was Baptism by Fire when an annual rate revision came up for 13 lines of business in each of 2 States! I loved doing those!
- What have you gained from working at ASI? Lots of knowledge, respect for my co-workers and long-term friendships
- Any random facts you could share with us? 99.9% of calico cats are female.
- Do you have an office nickname? What is it? Yes! I am “the keeper of the crap”!
- If you could only drink one beer for the rest of your life, what would it be? Stella
- Least favorite food? Bananas
- People would be surprised if they knew: IF I could have a do-over in life, I would have gone to a famed culinary school i.e., C.I.A. in New York.
- What is an ability you wish you had? I’d love to be able to sing (in public).
- What is on your bucket list? Vacation in Ireland; riding a bike off the beaten path & sitting in the corner of a pub watching people and enjoyin’ a pint.
- What is the worst thing you did as a kid? In 3rd grade, my friend Julie & I stole cigarettes and smoked them in the basement of a garage during lunch hours. In 3rd grade, really?! We got busted really quick!
- What is your greatest fear? Speaking to a crowd, even a small one.
- What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work? a) Making greeting cards, b) Knitting with fine fibers, c) Loving all my “hairy little creatures”
- What phobias do you have? Crowds (concerts & stadiums) and what creepy/gross things drunk people might do.
- What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13? Never settle. Go out of your comfort zone and always, always have a Plan B.
Lori, you truly keep the office up and running on a daily basis. Thanks for all you do!!