Andrew has celebrated over 11 years here at ASI – and you can bet that he’s worked on some fun projects over the years!
See what he had to say about his time here at ASI…
- Favorite job growing up? Soccer referee for the Sheboygan Rec Department.
- What do you do/what does your day consist of? My days consist of a variety of internal and client-facing tasks. I work directly with a few different customers to ensure ASI is always providing an exceptional level of service and support for their systems. I also manage various hardware, software, and security aspects of our internal network, and I collaborate with our strategic planning team to help set ASI up for success now and in the future.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Sweets! I have pretty good self-control when it comes to the quantity, but who can pass up a cookie, donut, or bite-sized candy bar?!
- What is the one TV Show you can rewatch endlessly? Big Bang Theory… doesn’t matter how many times I’ve seen an episode, it still makes me laugh!
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever had? Mom’s annual Thanksgiving feast! This is easily the one meal I look forward to more than anything else during the year. It’s the middle of July, and just thinking about it now has me craving turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and pie!
- What is your favorite family tradition? Thanksgiving Eve at El Camino with the entire neighborhood family that I grew up with. I believe this year will be our 17th annual Thanksgiving Eve, and while life has taken everyone in different directions and to many different locations across the state, everyone still comes “home” to Sheboygan and it’s like we never missed a beat!
- What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13? Don’t be afraid to fail. Try something new, and if you aren’t successful, learn from your mistakes, adjust your approach, and try again.
- What do you like most about ASI? All of my coworkers! Everyone gets along well and is willing to help each other out any way that they can. Plus, we manage to have some fun while getting our work done. I truly look forward to coming to work everyday because of the people I work with!
- What has been your favorite project at ASI? I’ve worked on so many projects for various customers over the last 11 years that it’s hard to pick a favorite! One that stands out right away was one of the first projects I ever completed at ASI. It was a project to import text files that a customer sends to us, build records in the proper order, insert them into the database for users to view in our Inquiry portal, and send an email when the job is completed. The process itself was very straightforward and doesn’t sound too exciting, but as a new hire in my first real-world job after school, I was using development tools and databases that I had never worked with before. Eventually, I figured out what I was doing and I got the project done. Looking back at it now, it was never about the size of the project or meeting the deadline, it was about learning what I needed to in order to complete it. That feeling of accomplishment in the end encouraged me to take on projects and bug fixes with an open mind and to not fear the unknown that often surrounds something new. And the best part… that import job is still running every weekday nearly 11 years later!
- Are you messy or organized? Very organized. Everything has a place so that I know where to find it when I need it. If I can’t find a place to put something, then I must not really need it.
- Favorite travel spot? The family cottage in Tomahawk, WI. It’s a great chance to relax, disconnect from technology, and enjoy time with family and friends!
- If you could only drink one beer for the rest of your life, what would it be? Spotted Cow
- Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us. In addition to being a Packers, Badgers, Bucks, and Brewers fan, I also enjoy watching English Premier League soccer and Formula 1 racing.
- What advice would you give to recent new hires? You were hired more for your future potential than for what you accomplished in school or at a previous employer. Work hard, go above and beyond what you’re asked to do, and ultimately, prove to the hiring team that they made the right decision when they saw your potential and hired you.
- What celebrity do people think you look like? I’ve been told I look like professional golfer Justin Thomas. I guess I can see it….just wish I could golf as well as he does!
- What do you like most about your job? Helping my teammates solve problems. There’s not always a straightforward solution to every problem we encounter, so I love being able to troubleshoot issues with my teammates and find innovative solutions.
- What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery? A house with a huge garage, quickly followed by as many sports cars as I can fit in it.
- What phobias do you have? Acrophobia (fear of heights) and ophidiophobia (fear of snakes).
- Where is the best place you’ve traveled and why? Hawaii – The weather was perfect, the scenery was gorgeous, and I came back engaged to Courtney! I would love to go back someday, but I’m not sure how we could ever top that trip!
- Where would you like to travel to? Australia and New Zealand… just not sure I can sit on a plane that long!
Did anyone else tear up when he said his favorite thing about working at ASI was his coworkers? Just me? That’s okay…
Andrew. We are SO lucky to have you here at ASI. Thanks for all you do in front of and behind the scenes, now and in the future!